Thursday, March 17, 2005

 

It happened again!

I corrected a bug and the program went worse...
What does that indicate? I suppose that there is another bug that interference with the other. So now I will start a big test. Described below.
The bug
In the Quiescense I should have something like this:
pmove=GenMoves(....) // will set pointer to first pmove
while (pmove->ok) {
....MakeMove(pmove)
....pmove=GenMoves(....) // will set next pmove pointer
}
the bug was that I had MakeMove(pmove++) meaning that every second capture was removed from Quiescense!
When I fixed this bug the program went worse. At least in my first tests.

The big test
I suspect that one of my extensions/prunings are the source for this. The tournament will consist of:
I will start with a gauntlet AlaricAll vs the rest with the Nunn positions.

Comments:

<< Home
Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?